Here’s a summary of social media tips I have posted on Twitter over the past week. They’re usually inspired by conversations, client questions or things I have observed that work well or don’t work at all. I like to archive them for those of you who don’t want to sift through my very noisy Twitter stream to find the gems. Here they are:
10 Social Media Tips Under 140 Characters
- When teaching people talk in variable rules and principles not universal ones. Nothing is forever…things move fast.
- Many people will quit, shun and criticize social media marketing when they realize it’s actually about leadership.
- Dear Agency/Marketer/Sales Guy, if we wanted marketing and pitching we’d watch TV.
- If you keep changing your message you will keep starting over. Experimenting with your strategic brand is not good.
- Social media works better when it’s incorporated holistically with your entire set of marketing tools.
- Before listening to someone’s social media tips or advice use social search to verify their credibility.
- Leadership is influence (John Maxwell) and influence is measured based upon the change and action we create.
- Use Twitter lists to let people know you’re listening.
- Consistency, conviction, passion and focus are needed to see a social media plan succeed.
- Best short-cut for results: focus on people, relationships, & psychology not gimmicks and clicks.