This is my 2nd blog entry today for Blogathon 2009. I’m blogging for 24 hours to raise funds for the Vancouver Food Bank. You can make a donation below.
Here are a collection of Leadership Tips that I have posted on Twitter over the past week. Enjoy!
20 Leadership tips Under 140 Characters:
1. When giving feedback, focus on problem solving not blame.
2. To flatten your hierarchy try getting out of your office and connecting with the frontline.
3. Use wikis, blogs, yammer, and chat rooms to break down silos and get collaboration happening.
4. Your organization and it’s people are a projection of the leaders’ subconscious.
5. Consistency is the best teacher for your people. Be a consistent leader.
6. In business self-direct teams are a myth, the buck must stop somewhere.
7. Look happy, celebrate the journey and people will want to follow.
8. Anger is a poison that will cloud your vision and kill the heart of your business.
9. Be approachable or expect to be the last one to know about a problem.
10. Use a team approach to hiring to mitigate the risks of bias or blind-spots.
11. Organizational change is only welcomed openly if it’s change people want.
12. When hiring Gen Y do it efficiently and provide and ask for feedback.
13. Invest in your people more and longer than others think is practical.
14. Believe in people and they will often even surprise themselves.
15. Be willing to be wrong, admit fault, and let others lead. It builds trust and people.
16. Changing strategy often and autocratically is a good way to demotivate your team.
17. It takes years to develop leaders. Make sure you invest in the right ones and stick with it.
18. You will feel lost and disorientated at times, this is part of innovation.
19. If you’re not afraid or uncomfortable you probably need to try something new.
20. Book time for you to recharge your battery each week. Take “me time.”
To Donate the the Vancouver Food Bank Click here or the image below. Every bit helps!